Skip to main content
- If it’s possible, ask your carer or social worker if you can visit your new school before you start. You may have a chance to meet your new teacher and see what to expect on your first day.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Your teachers will want you to feel happy at school and will be glad to help if they can.
- If anyone is unkind to you tell a teacher or your carer or parent.
- Don’t worry if the first few days or weeks are a bit confusing – it takes time to get used to new people and places.
- Think about joining lunchtime or after school groups or clubs. This can help you to make new friends and get to know your teachers better.
- Ask your carer to help you get your uniform ready and anything else you need the night before. Then you won’t have to worry about it in the morning.