We hope you are working hard at at school. Here you can find information, ideas and activities to help you at school and at home.
Starting a new class or school
- If it’s possible, ask your carer or social worker if you can visit your new school before you start. You may have a chance to meet your new teacher and see what to expect on your first day.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Your teachers will want you to feel happy at school and will be glad to help if they can.
- If anyone is unkind to you tell a teacher or your carer or parent.
- Don’t worry if the first few days or weeks are a bit confusing – it takes time to get used to new people and places.
- Think about joining lunchtime or after school groups or clubs. This can help you to make new friends and get to know your teachers better.
- Ask your carer to help you get your uniform ready and anything else you need the night before. Then you won’t have to worry about it in the morning.
You'll learn lots of new facts and skills at school. Homework and coursework help you to practice these skills and make the facts stay in your head. So homework can really help you to raise your grades. Get hints, tips and links to support you with your learning and homework.